Friday, October 16, 2009

Future Fashion Designer


Any aspiring designers out there? I have met a few on Twitter so I thought I would share some basic but fantastic videos to give you tips on sketching your designs. I love to see other designers engrossed in their work--it's such a beautiful line of work to be in! I love my job more than I would have ever imagined and am so excited and proud to hear of others wanting to do the same.



Emmy-nominated Bruce Marshall gives a quick tutorial on how to draw a fashion sketch. To draw a rough, quick fashion sketch construct the lines for how the outfit should be put together so a seamstress would know how to sew the outfit. Design clothing by making rough fashion sketches using this free video from an experienced clothing designer.






Color is essential to a professional fashion sketch; learn how to draw fashion sketches by watching this free video on fashion design and illustration. Lauren Bradley is a professional fashion designer with many years of experience in various aspects of the fashion industry.






Hope these can further your knowledge of fashion sketching and get you on the right path! Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment